1/07/2008

Vacation - Mixed Media Collage

This collage is one of my favorites from my own georgemckim etsy shop. It's from my series of collages called "The Vine Series" and the curving and twisting red line that runs throughout the picture is like a red vine. The rest of the picture has dark gray clouds, blue clouds, pink and purple cloud outlines, yellow sun, circles and splatters of paint. The piece is titled "Vacation" just because I get a sort of cool and breezy vibe from the picture. The process I use starts with acid free colored artists paper and I splash watery acrylic paint on the paper in a random and free flowing pattern. After drying overnight, I cut and tear the painted papers into imagery that is simplified and somewhat abstract. I try many different compositional arrangements before I finalize the design and glue the papers down with acid free glue. Acid free materials ensure that the artwork will be permanent and artists grade acrylic paints are light fast and will not fade. See and buy my art at georgemckim.etsy.com. See a more complete selection of my work and a bio at george-mckim.com.

3 comments:

Joy Logan said...

I like this abstract called"vacation" it covers the feeling! Although I can't remember my last one.

elizabethbarber said...

I love your color sense. This is a favorite.

Unknown said...

The concept you have taken is very nice, attractive and very forceful.The draw-curves are drawn with complete backgroud. This photo collages is very vibrant in term of its concept.Mind-blowing work.